cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One PINOUT change at a time?

johnnoprob
Associate II

Using the STM32CubeIDE with integrated MX I get a situation where I can only change one peripheral at a time. Say you want a ADC and a timer. You can click the ADC and its generates the pins and the setup dialog. Then click the Timer and nothing happens. Close and save, reopen, and now the Timer can be clicked and configured.

By design or a bug?

4 REPLIES 4
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

It doesn't sound like it should be by design but I'm not able to reproduce it, possibly I'm doing something differently.

Could you do a step-by-step for how you get the situation?

johnnoprob
Associate II

I am migrating my experience of an eclipse IDE from another chip supplier. I expect a learning curve. so I will put this one on hold for now - it may simply be that you need to generate code between each peripheral change. Certainly closing and saving, which requests code generation always makes it work again.

Just now trying to get the paths right to compile some examples. Have dual boot Windows 7 and 10 with different drives and on a domain network as well.

Have found that Eclipse prefers a mapped drive letter with short paths - any comments?

Doing any kind of change in the .ioc editor perspective will require a code generation, even if you enable something and then immediately disable it afterwards so there was no real change done, it still requires a code generation.

But you should be able to do multiple changes at once and then generate the code, as far as I know.

A mapped drive is probably preferred to avoid potential issues. We do have a long path solution that dramatically increases allowed length of paths on Windows. However, it's still probably a good idea to keep paths shorter, if possible. Also, avoid having spaces or non-ascii characters in the path as that has a known issue listed in the release note:

"Having a space or non-ascii character in the project/workspace path or installation path is not fully supported"

Tried it with Windows 7 configuration and it was fine. But since paths are different, it could be that that was the problem.