cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL SPIN3201 Motor very close to starting advice on parameters so close

MKing.2364
Associate III

Dear community I have purchased a STEVAL STM3201 spin kit,

After getting the data sheet for my motor the motor is nearly spinning it is so close.

Eventually I will use halls but to walk before I can run I will try sensor-less first

I have used the motor control workbench 5.4.3 to generate the code from a template using the en.STSW-SPin3201. Im using atollic true studio code compiles without errors

I take a project and a default motor template SDK5x - STEVAL-SPIN3201 - BullRunning.stmcx then I change all the parameters to suit the motor I am using to do this i follow UM2152 manual line by line.

The motor nearly starts It connects to the motor work bench

I kept getting error FOC Duration every time

So I changed the parameter pwm frequency from 13,000 to 5,000 line

#define PWM_FREQUENCY 5000// 13000

in the file drive_paramaters.h

recompiled major improvement

the FOC Duration error now disapeers

I set the speed voltage with pot and press run the motor attempts and starts spinning several times then stops saying speed feedback error on the motor workbench GUI

I look through all the paramaters and one looks suspiscous

paramater 0x5C ramp duration is set to 0mS I can not find the paramter for ramp duration in any of the header files

Where is the ramp paramater

Also changed the PI KP and KI gains down to try and start it

0690X00000AtFo1QAF.jpg

the motor paramaters are all entered correctly

0690X00000AtFofQAF.jpg

out of all these files shown in the picture which one contains the ramp speed parameter I think because par mater reg 0x5C is set to zero so theres no ramp time and it dosent start

heres the file list

please can anyone suggest which paramater i need to change the motor spins several times over a half second then stops im so close any help wouldbe much appriciated.

0690X00000AtFpJQAV.png

2 REPLIES 2
MKing.2364
Associate III

Apologies attached is very small zip file this had all the .h files from the INC folder, in my custm STM32SPIN01 Atollic porject

By knowing which parameter I need to change

The motor is so close to running it gets up to a say 30 rpm over 0.5 second then stops

how to make ramp not zero many thanks header files attached in a neat zip file

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards