cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can DMA2D convert YCbCr format which is the output from OV9655 to RGB 565 and then to the display?

MSale
Associate III

5 REPLIES 5

And why wouldn't you convert it in DCMI as received?

JW

@Community member​ 

The DCMI does not convert any thing its just accept different format from the camera. I need to convert YCbCR to RGB because i want to encode the YCbCr to JPEG using the hardware encoder.

You're right, sorry (it can strip chroma, but that's probably not what you wanted).

The DMA2D which can input YCbCr (in 'H7 - you did not tell us the STM32 model you are using) apears to need it with luma/chroma components arranged "squares" (MCUs) as output from the JPEG decoder, so you'd need to rearrange the data between DCMI and DMA2D "manually" (in program).

JW

@Community member​ 

That sound good idea but i looked on other questions related to the same topic and i saw your answer that the STM32H747 can not do it but it was 1 year ago so do you think this still same or you think its possible to be done and it will be fast too.

Mahmoud

> i saw your answer that the STM32H747 can not do it

I don't remember it, maybe that was in some particular context.

I don't use video, I was briefly interested when we considered a new product some time ago, but then dropped the idea. So don't have experience to help you further. You may want to try yourself on a Nucleo, EVAL or DISCO board - the camer ainput can be quite easily simulated by software generated pattern (e.g. stripes).

JW