Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many kilobytes are 2 megabytes?

128, of course.

0690X00000AtD41QAF.png

0690X00000AtD46QAF.png

JW

8 REPLIES 8

The real question of course is, why does ST's marketing treat their customers as idiots, spamming them with a half year old "news"?

JW

[EDIT]

I take this back. The LQFP-144 is a recent addition, DS is from November 2019. The post might've said so, though, i.e. "a package addition". The "news" doesn't even mention the package.

turboscrew
Senior III

2 MB Flash... :D Wishful thinking from marketing department? :D

No, copy/paste from the "real" 'H743.

JW

RMcCa
Senior II

Don't all the H7 variants have the same die underneath? If so, the H750 does have 2M of flash, even if they only guarantee that 1 sector​ is useable. They should go all they way and say it has an M4 core as well and then add a footnote that it's disabled/unusable.

Does anybody know the reason for the current lack of supply of the H750? Mouser keeps pushing back the delivery date and I'm wondering if it's simply high demand or maybe a fab problem?​

From the user (by which I now don't mean the tinkerers, but those who use the chips in products they actually sell, from garage scale up) point of view, the 'H750 has 128kB of FLASH, fullstop. Using more is effectively shooting oneself into foot, not only because it's not tested and may very well be defective in funny ways, but also because ST may at any point start to produce actual chips with only 128kB of FLASH, should demand arise.

Introduction of a new package may indicate a significant customer indeed, who might've bought out a batch or two.

Or any of the dozens of other reasons... 🙂

JW

RMcCa
Senior II

Sarcasm misunderstood.

If the H7s all use the same die, there is 2M flash & 2​ cores in all of them, but my last post was just a stupid joke.

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

What ST still does not understand is the export restrictions imposed by the Crypto in the H750. A H740 would remove these restrictions.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi Jan,

Correction on web site should be visible by tomorrow.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.