cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVD file and other issues related to STM32H747I-DISCO Board support in STM32CubeIDE V1.1

TurtleBeach
Associate II

I am attempting to get FreeRTOS working in an STM32H747I-DISCO board, using CubeIDE 1.1 and CubeMX 5.4. I have looked at multiple Projects and Examples in the 1.5 FW package, and on the face of it I do not see how any of the examples for any of the H7 boards could ever work. I have not looked at every one, but the Projects/examples I have looked at all lack the FreeRTOS code - they have headers, but none of the source. Yet the documentation readme files say 'build and load'. I accept that the V1.1 IDE Release notes indicate that not all example projects will load (though it would be helpful to know a specific project that has been tested by ST and known to load), but to not have source files needed for a project is a different kettle of fish. This leads tp a lot of wasted time tracking down nested includes and related files.

More to the point, digging into the CMSIS_CVD file that the IDE uses for H747 projects, the file being loaded appears to be for the H745 MCU. This for a new Project, started from the IDE for the H747I-DISCO board. Is using a file for the H745 MCU correct? When I look in the SVD folder, I see a file for H745 and H755, but not H747. In my admitted minimal understanding of the role of SVD files at this point, I would expect a specific file with H747 in the name.

I would appreciate a definitive statement from ST indicating whether the H745 svd file is appropriate for H747.

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Imen Ezzine
ST Employee

Hi TurtleBeach,

From a general point of view yes the H745 svd file is appropriate for H747.

In this case if you refer back to RM0399 (STM32H745/755 and STM32H747/757) you can see that stm32h745 and h755 are derived from the same RM description.

Nevertheless I belive CubeIDE 1.1 has older SVD files version, and today we have a specific SVD file for H747 as you wish.

I did attach the SVD file. I hope it helps solving your problem!

-Imen