cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Discovery boards NRNDed

ST marked several Disco boards as NRND (i.e. discontinues them).

Some of them are easily replaceable - e.g. the 'F0308 by the 'F0, the 'L100 by the 'L152, the 'F7308 (which btw. is only a few months old) by the probably completely identical (except for the "downgraded" mcu) 'F723E. The P-L496G-CELL01 is a specialized board which is listed as Disco more-less by mistake (or for lack of a better cathegory), and this wireless/cell stuff is notoriously short-lived anyway.

But the 'L476 Disco being discontinued is not comprehensible to me at all. It's IMO one of the Discos with best price/value ratio, nicely showcasing most of the stuff which makes the 'L4 line interesting; and I don't think there's an adequate replacement for it.

This, together with the poorly positioned new 'G4 Discos, clearly marks the end of the era when ST produced clean, cheap and comprehensible devboards, which undoubtedly contributed to the rise of STM32 popularity.

My 2 eurocents.

JW

3 REPLIES 3

ST un-NRNDed the 'L476 (oh thanks!) and the 'F723 DISCOs.

'F0308 and 'L100 DISCOs are still NRNDed, but as I said above, it doesn't really matter.

The P-L496G-CELL01 has been wiped out entirely from the whole ST web (the still offered CELL02 is not quite a replacement: The P-L496G-CELL01 is for 2G/3G cellular to cloud and the P-L496G-CELL02 is for LTE IoT cellular to cloud).

JW

ST NRNDed the 'L476 DISCO again.

IMO the arguments I put above still hold.

Can ST please comment.

JW

The 'L476 DISCO is COMPLETELY GONE from the ST website.

Instead of marking it DISCONTINUED, they purged the whole memory of it. and there's no documentation anymore.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, ST?

JW