cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HardFault with very basic TouchGFX application

ECiav
Associate II

Hello everybody,

I created a simple application with TouchGFX Designer (4.12.3) (a screen with a central button). My target card is SMT32h743_EVAL2 and the toolchain used is Keil uVision (5.28.0.0). I tried to load the compiled application using Keil, but when I start the debugger I have a HardFault while running touchgfx_init() function. Using "Call Stack + Locals" detects the HardFault in the execution of CRC_Lock() (perhaps an internal touchgfx library function). does anyone have the same problem? Can anyone direct me in the right direction?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
ECiav
Associate II

after other tests, I discovered that if the card starts with a power cycle (Power off -> Power on) without the stlink v3 cable (micro usb), the application starts correctly, but if I try to debug with keil (CTRL + F5) with the cable stlink v3 inserted an HardFault occurs (CRC_Lock).

jimmii
Senior II

Hi, I don't have a solution, but exactly the same problem.

See my post at https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BiCIrXSQW/hardfault-in-function-crclock

Did you manage to solve this problem?

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

@ECiav​, as @Roman Schläpfer​ mentioned we're discussing this in another thread. You can follow the progress there, i think. Jimmii will contact Keil. They managed to help someone else before. This issue is only using Keil.

I think i'll have to dig a bit deeper on this since it's apparently not resolved yet in current versions of Keil.

/Martin