cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGfx with internal RAM and 800x480 pixel LCD

Enes Serhat
Associate

Hi,

İ have custom STM32f767ZIT board with 4.3" pixel 480x272 TFT.

I use it by TouchGfx with internal RAM (512K) and FrameBuffer is 255K (16bit color depth)

I want to use 7" 800x480 pixel TFT with internal RAM. STM32H743/753 have 1MB RAM.But CubeMX dvnced graphics tool seems does not support MCU's with 1MB RAM. 

Are there any way to use 7" 800x480 pixel TFT with internal RAM?

Regards Serhat

5 REPLIES 5
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

The truth is that CubeMX, in it's current state (5.4.0) does not allow TouchGFX graphics middleware to be enabled for MCUs other than F4 and F7. TouchGFX works for any display for any MCU, in theory - You just cannot use CubeMX to configure this for you (yet) - Something awesome is cooking in the TouchGFX lab 🙂

Stay tuned!

/Martin

Hi. STM32H743/753 realy has 1MB RAM. But this memory is fragmented. Largest peace is 512 KB (AXISRAM). So you can use only 8bit color depth for 800x480 resolution. If you want more color depth, you must use external SDRAM.

Thanks Martin, good news. Could you please give a tip about the estimated date for the update for it?

How can touchgfx support 8bit color depth , is there any code example or software guidence?

DKopp.1
Associate

I am also looking for a 8-Bit Framebuffer with CLU Solution, are there any updates?

Thanks

Dietmar