cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F746G-DISCO question

Ehill.16
Senior

We want to use this board as a development platform. Is the LCD removable? We need to use another display, a 3.5-inch Newhaven 320x240 LCD-TFT display. Or can I emulate this resolution on the 4.3-inch  480x272 color LCD-TFT display?

3 REPLIES 3

One can use brute force or a heat-gun I suppose. It is attached with double-sided tape, although the exact type and application has changed over time. The display is connected via a long flex circuit board soldered to the top face of the board. I assume you've pulled and reviewed the Gerbers.

I'm sure you can use a subset of the display, but ultimately you're going to have to write a driver for your own display that manages the frame buffer, and timing for it suitably.

The EVAL boards have a header connector/ribbon cable arrangement. And there might be some eBay / Alibaba boards that would make a closer proxy.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
berendi
Principal

The LTDC controller in the MCU displays everything through one or two layers that can be smaller than the display area. Just set up the size of the layer(s) to the target resolution, and you can start with the application development.

Hey thanks. I was wondering about that. I’m using Embedded Wizard for the GUI development and can do this easily.