cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have M24LR64E RFID tag IC . in that CRC calculation polynomial is constant (8408h) and Residue also constant (F0B8h). But I need Both Configurable. Because I am using another CRC polynomial. Is there any IC with these parameters are configurable?

mikt
Associate II

ISO 15693 standard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JL. Lebon
ST Employee

​Dear Mikt,

In ISO15393, CRC calculation is fixed and the standard does not allow to change it. It follows the ISO 13239 specification for all ISO15693 tags and readers.

The M24LR doesn't allow to change it, and I am not aware of any ISO15693 tag that allows to configure it differently.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JL. Lebon
ST Employee

​Dear Mikt,

In ISO15393, CRC calculation is fixed and the standard does not allow to change it. It follows the ISO 13239 specification for all ISO15693 tags and readers.

The M24LR doesn't allow to change it, and I am not aware of any ISO15693 tag that allows to configure it differently.

Best regards.

I know that, but I want to change the polynomial values, because my client already using the custom RFID tag and reader, that having the different CRC calculation. Now that RFID tag making company not there. but client required tags, reader already having them. other wise they want to change reader also.

Is there any option to get it?

HI,

Is there any IC that reads all the reader command (raw data) in 13.56Mhz and send to MCU?

that also OK for me.

Best regards

JL. Lebon
ST Employee

Tags IC usually have the CRC coded in HW and not configurable (I don't know any that has it configurable in ST's portfolio neither at competition).

Some readers are able to deactivate the CRC calculation at emission and reception. So we can may be imagine to use a reader IC in card emulation, assuming it can deactivate the CRC calculation in this mode. But there is no card emulation for ISO15693, only for ISO14443 type A.

Are you talking specifically about ISO15693 devices ?

Can you tell me more about the kind of specific reader that your client has ?

Best regards.