cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE - ST-Link GDB Slow

Artur Vieira
Associate III

Hi

I am starting to develop a new project using the STM32F469I-Discovery Board using the TouchGfx library.

I am using the CubeIDE (v1.1.0) and trying to use the ST-Link GDB Server for debugging. The ST-Link is taking a very long time to download a new program to the board around 5 minutes.

The project currently has 211KB used of the internal Flash of the processor, and 1736KB of QSPI flash used.

When using the ST-Link Utility to download the firmware it takes around 30s, using the STM32Cube programmer it takes around 1 minute until the popup boxes show indicating programming complete, but using the STM32CubeIDE via ST-Link GDB Server it takes a very long time. Most of the time seems to be in the verification process (in the console it indicates that the download operation was completed in 25s). Activating the log, it is visible that the verification phase for the QSPI is very slow, it is quite fast at beginning but when starts to verify the "not used" part is becomes quite slow.

Is this behavior normal / expected?

With these programming times, debugging is quite complicated. At the moment what i am doing is using STM32CubeIDE to only program the internal flash (disabled the external loader option), and when i update images or anything that is in the QSPI memory use ST-Link utility to program the board.

Thank You

0 REPLIES 0