cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H745ZI-Q cube support

Oskar Baginski
Associate

Hi,

Recently I got nucleo board with mentioned MCU. I've had numerous troubles with generating properly project and finding any sources how to flash the device so few things:

1. Is CubeMX generating code properly for dual core for any toolchain? I've tried Makefile(preferable), SW4STM32 and MDK-ARM and my experiences are as follow:
    1. Makefile - some files are added twice to C_SOURCES, so one has to generate project and manually edit the Makefile in order to get rid of mutiple definition linker errors.
    2. SW4STM32(regarding examples from cube H7 repo) - no target for flashing at all from the IDE perpective, at least builds pass and can populate flash using st-link utility
    3. SW4STM32(generated cube project) - suppose code is not generated properly (refer point 2. below).
    4. MDK-ARM - flashing generated code with blinky funtionality results in nothing but 'error 129: MapMem - map size truncated to 128MB'
  2. GPIO labels are not generated by the cube... seems like gpios are also not initialized at the generated code(gpio init structures are not populated, just enabling gpio clks). Didn't try for other peripherals since I was focused on flashing any working FW build from generated project.

I could really take tamplates from the repo and modify them for my needs, but still they have different structure of the code and I really got used to one generated by the Cube (and tbh it is this tool's purpose). In the readmes it is mentioned that the code was generated using it but really doubt it.

Please let me know if there are any solutions to get Cube working properly. Hope issues rised here could be helpfull for Cube dev team.

4 REPLIES 4

I too have this same problem. I'm working with the STM32H745 using a Makefile project. I also see the doubling of the files in C_SOURCES. That causes and early fail when make is run. If I remove the second copy, the process goes farther, but dies with undefined symbol errors for such things as typedefs for device handles. the conf file has the correct header files included, yet the symbols remain undefined.

I've tried fixing this myself, but something is very wrong with one or all of Makefile, C source files, Header files, linker scripts.

What I haven't seen here is an acknowledgement that the problem is known and is being worked on. Is that in another post?

Beni1
Associate II

I think the solution was that they just disabled Makefile generatation. In CubeMX v5.6.1 it is not possible to generate Makefile project at all for this STM32H745ZI-Q.

Would be good to see this feature back.

Noppe.Jack
Senior

I would also like to vote for a working feature to return, or at the very least, clear guidance from ST on what the future of this feature is.

PyKe
Associate III

Hi,

I'm working with STM32H745ZI-Q and i have the same error when flashing my program to the board and running on debug mode :

Internal parameter error

*** error 129: MapMem - map size truncated to 128MB

Did you solve this problem ? @Oskar Baginski​