cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F769NI Evaluation board NEWBIE

Sincz.1655
Associate II

Hi All

I am just starting off with the STM parts and bought the 469 EVM. I got the touch ID with TouchGFX working and made some cool things but now it is time to start using the periphials on the board in bare metal C config.

I am really looking to do simple things like the joystick, ADC, Uart etc for now. Are there any resources or sample code for getting each of the things on the board up and running so you can build up from there?

Can i get some pointers to resources that would assist please. Just something like reading the ADC and sending out the serial would be good, and using the joystick to switch the LEDS. Simple things like that.

Did anyone else have a problem where the cubeIDE code for the EVM wouldn't get past the MMC init function. I had to comment it out to get past it.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

F769I or F469​

Should be a whole bunch of board level peripheral examples in the CubeF7 repository as unpacked.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Sincz.1655
Associate II

F469!

Where do i locate the CubeF4 repository of board level examples?

Where did you install it via CubeMX / CubeIDE ?

Here's the archive

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubef4.html

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.1\Projects\STM32469I_EVAL\Examples\BSP

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.1\Projects\STM32469I_EVAL\Applications\Display\LCD_PicturesFromSDCard

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.1\Projects\STM32469I_EVAL\Demonstrations\TouchGFX

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.1\Drivers\BSP\STM32469I_EVAL\stm32469i_eval.c

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you. Great. BTW. If i wanted to find a contractor here on the community to create a BSP based upon the 469 EVM suited to my requirements, on FreeRtos - where would i go to find such a person to handle it to jump start me ahead on to my main application code.