cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cube programmer does not reset the board after programming finished

Jumshed Akhtar
Associate II

Hi,

cube programmer does not reset the board after loading finished and board remains in boot loader mode. Older Dfuse demo utility used to reset board after loading finished. Does any one has some idea to reset the board grammatically and bring out of reset . As my board may not have physically reset option after firmware update.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Kraal
Senior III

Hi,

I'm using the CubeProgrammer CLI with the following arguments (not using bootloader, but the last argument should work):

-c port=SWD mode=UR -e all --skipErase -d ${workspace_loc}\${project_name}\${config_name:${project_name}}\${project_name}.hex -v -rst

notice the -rst at the end which tells CubeProgrammer to reset the device once programming is done. Also by default it does a soft reset, so you should be good to go with this.

Pedro3
Senior

I'm having a similar issue with STM32H750 and CLI, but in my case, I'm putting RDP to Level 1 directly on source code. Without RDP, "-g 0x08000000" at the end of command works fine. It's strange because according to RM, only Level 2 requires a POR...

try using -s instead of -rst

Depends on the STM32 in question, several of the more recent will need a power cycle to stop entering the System Boot Loader after a blank device is programmed. NRST is not sufficient in there cases.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..