cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I achieve an edit widget like used in windows. For example, there is a cursor (with flash or not) when I'm inputing, and I can change it's postion by touch.

xchen.1480
Associate II

2 REPLIES 2
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi,

That may be a bit too complex to go into details about. I think, if you learned more about TouchGFX you could achieve this easily on your own.

What did you try so far? A hint: To place a cursor correctly you need to figure out the width of each character and figure out if the user presses the input field where to place the "cursor" and keep a state so that the user can delete or insert new characters at that point (Insert Unicode chars in the middle of a buffer).

/Martin

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm working to do a HMI with keypad, can modify some value by press key. So it is needed to show a cursor.

I have experience on emWin, and know I should get the width and coordinate of characters displayed in TextArea.

That's my one mind, the other is achieve an new edit widget, but it must be more complex.

It is the exact problem that how can I get the width and coordinate. I saw the manual but didn't find how to do.

That's better if you can give a little piece of code.

Thank you.