cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFO configuration for U(S)ART instances of STM32L4R5

WTayl
Associate II

The reference manual (RM0432) for the STM32L4R5 shows that UART4 & UART5 support two 8-byte FIFOs. I can't figure out how to configure the IRQ level thresholds. CubeMX shows levels for LPUART1 and USART1/2/3, but not UART4/5.

"Table 264. USART/LPUART features" shows that LPUART1, USART1/2/3 and UART4/5 all support Tx/Rx FIFO and that the Tx/Rx FIFO size (in bytes) is 8.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Hello @Community member​ 

the fix will be available in the next release.

Best Regards,

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hello,

Based on RM0432, "The USART comes with a Transmit FIFO (TXFIFO) and a Receive FIFO (RXFIFO). The FIFO mode is enabled by setting FIFOEN in USART_CR1 register (bit 29). This mode is supported only in UART, SPI and Smartcard modes."

So, I agree with you that UARTs support FIFOs.

Both UARTs and USARTs configuration related to FIFO should be reviewed in STM32CubeMX. This is tracked internally.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

STM32CubeMx does not allow for configuring FIFO level interrupt. Is this a bug in STM32CubeMX?

Yes, it should be a bug and as already said, it is tracked internally to be fixed in coming releases of STM32CubeMX.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Hello @Community member​ 

the fix will be available in the next release.

Best Regards,

Khouloud.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hello,

CubeMX 5.5 is already available; the issue should be already fixed with this version.

-Amel

Thanks! I will give it a look