cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code generation could not be done. Firmware package V1.24.1 can not be unzipped.

Reactor
Associate II

Get error message "Code generation could not be done because the necessary firmware package is missing. Not able to complete STM32Cube project creation."

When Creating STM32Cube Project and then giving Finish will result the following

0690X00000AsENvQAN.png0690X00000AsENqQAN.png

0690X00000AsENgQAN.png

Also when downloading and unpacking software packages I get error when unpacking stm32cube_fw_f4_v1241.zip

0690X00000AsETyQAN.png0690X00000AsEU3QAN.png

If I select V1.24.0 package I get the same error (Problem during Unzip stm32cube_fw_f4_v1241.zip)

When I manually unzip v1.24.0 and v1.24.1 to different folders (like screen below) I still get Code Generation error.

0690X00000AsEZrQAN.png

I am using

STM32CubeIDE V1.1.0

Nucleo-F446RE board

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reactor
Associate II

Here is solution!

1) From this page https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubef4.html download two zips (STM32CubeF4 and Patch-CubeF4)

2) Unpack first en.STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.0.zip to Repository folder

3) Then unpack en.patch_cubefw_f4.zip to the same folder with file replacement

4) Done!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
MTrio.1465
Associate II

Hi,

same error, i don't know why. Can i ask you which cpu have on you pc?

Intel Core i3-7100

I try 1000 different solution, and only in my pc doesn't work. I've installed the ide on different pc and the error did not appear. If you find a good solution could you please send me a message i would be grateful.

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

@Reactor, unzipping within 2 various folders is not process IDE is intending to do. Please have a try to unzip within same directory.

F4_V1.24.0 is main FW pack delivery ... F4 V1.24.1 is only kind on patch to be applied on main delivery. If you have a look to .zip file size (or extracted material) you will confirm F4 V1.24.1 is missing some material ....

Back to question why IDE process is failing ??? But if able to unzip as expected by your own such FW pack & related patch maybe you will succeed to at least get your code generation running.

According your snapshot sounds you have some dot '.' within your end use name ... maybe root of issue ? May you have a try updating at IDE session start to update FW pack repository path to another place ? Windows > Preferences > STM32Cube > Firmware updater ....

In two other PC with the same configuration I have no this problem. Also username have spaces and dots and all works fine.

---

Well... The real problem is IDE can't replace files during unzip.

Reactor
Associate II

Here is solution!

1) From this page https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubef4.html download two zips (STM32CubeF4 and Patch-CubeF4)

2) Unpack first en.STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.0.zip to Repository folder

3) Then unpack en.patch_cubefw_f4.zip to the same folder with file replacement

4) Done!

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

About FW pack install issue possibly some local issue (FW pack locked by another process or ?) Good trick if facing back issue could be to get a try purging your current repository (i.e. here removing first any *F4_V1.24* material)

Hi, i've just try your solution but still not working. I've done this step:

1) i have create new ST32 project in STM32CubeIde

2)I have selected the board, in my case STM32L475VGX, then i click next, write the project name and then it shows the error(code generation could not be done because the necessary firmware package is missing).

3)After that i follow your steps, but error appeared again

Did I do something wrong?

You can see the "final" state of the F4 library on github. There it already contains the 1.24.1 patch.

-- pa