cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error During creating new project in STCube v1.1.0

MTrio.1465
Associate II

Goodevening,

I'm new on this community and i I want to apologize in advance if I make some mistake. My problem is: when i create new STM32 project i get this error "Code generation could not be done because the necessary firmware package is missing. Not able to complete STM32Cube project creation". I try the different solution proposed in the discussion but noone works, I'm really desperate because I need it for university. I will be happy to give you other details if needed.

thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Have you access to external world (i.e. allowing some donwload from www ?). Good way to double check is to have a try to access to Eclipse market place Help > MarketPlace. If not Please have a look to Windows > Preferences Network Settings.

STM32Cube project generation is requiring some local FW package. If not available will be downloaded for you ... but external world access is must have.

MTrio.1465
Associate II

hi,

i've just try your solution, the access to marketplace works fine, but the error still appair. I've try to install the ide on diffrent notebook, and when i create a new project it has been completed with no errors and i don't know why. Is it possible that this error is referenced to an architecture? BC the installation failed on AMD architecture but no in intel.

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Which target are you using ? If F4 serie one sounds some trouble may exist currently : https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BeZi12SQC/code-generation-could-not-be-done-firmware-package-v1241-can-not-be-unzipped

Radiz
Associate

I have the same problem with all Fx series. The package was downloaded to the rep and unpacked successfully. I tried to download all necessary files manually. I checked Firmware Updater - the connection is ok. I changed firmware repository, project name, workbench location. I tried to reinstall on 3 computers (Win10 Intel i3-8100 and i5) But I still receive: "Code generation could not be done..." Is there a real working solution?