cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“STM32CubeIDE�? is damaged and can’t be opened

VBiri.1369
Associate

Hi!

I am trying to install the IDE on my macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), after completing the installation when trying to open it it gives the message: ' “STM32CubeIDE�? is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash. '

I tried to re-download it and re-install it several times, after deleting the previous copies, but after many attempts I get the same problem. I even tried installing the previous version but it said it was incompatible.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Julien D
ST Employee

Answer, at least workaround, has already been shared in another topic https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BUh6nK/not-able-to-open-stm32cubeide-110-on-macos-mohave-10146?s1oid=00Db0000000YtG6&t=1574078933520

Try the following command in a Terminal:

xattr -c /Application/STM32CubeIDE.app

The dev team works on a more sustainable fix.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Julien D
ST Employee

Answer, at least workaround, has already been shared in another topic https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BUh6nK/not-able-to-open-stm32cubeide-110-on-macos-mohave-10146?s1oid=00Db0000000YtG6&t=1574078933520

Try the following command in a Terminal:

xattr -c /Application/STM32CubeIDE.app

The dev team works on a more sustainable fix.

VBiri.1369
Associate

Thanks! That worked!

Only a small typo in the path, missing the s from Applications, so I believe the following command is the one that should be used:

xattr -c /Applications/STM32CubeIDE.app

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

PTore.1
Associate II

FYI bug is still there, I'm seeing this attribute (x'd out a few hexdigits):

% xattr -l /Applications/STM32CubeIDE.app
com.apple.quarantine: 0181;5e3710ee;Firefox;E5x9x0Fx-94x7-4Cx4-98BF-58FCEx72x780

PTore.1
Associate II

Also, it would be super cool if the installer had a checkbox option to manage a config in /etc/paths.d/ for CLI support.

Chet Ferry
Associate II

Any plans to fix this???

0xD
Associate II

This bug is still there.

Please allow me to say, as a new STM32 user that has so far been impressed by your hardware and good reputation, trying to get started with your software on mac os is an utter nightmare, and has shattered the image you have built with your hardware to pieces. It take ridiculous effort to get any of your software running on mac os. Plus when it runs I feel like I am using 10+ years old software. Its ok to make mistakes (and fix them), but: this > mistake. And to make matters worse its not fixed, this specifically not in 6+ months. Wow ST!

We are having 2020. you can't expect your users to run a bunch of terminal commands to get essential software of a major manufacturer running on a modern operating system just to be presented by a ui from the early 2000s. 🙏

JHoun.1
Associate III

Disappointingly still not working. The workaround isnt working properly for me either - am unable to upload to boards / start debugger properly still on OSX.

If its not fit for purpose, it needs to be pulled and people just rely on the windows version and run a virtual machine.

cm0x4d
Associate III

Version 1.4 is totally ****** up on a MacOS when installed on a case sensitive file system.

By the way, almost all other tools from ST do not work either on a case sensitive filesystem on a Mac.

This is just embarrassing!