cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H743ZIT Chip (Not Evaluation board) with touchGFX

인백.1842
Associate

hi,

i am trying to do project with STM32H743ZIT chip and STM32CUBEMX program to generate code.

there is no option for touchGFX of STM32H743ZIT in STM32CUBEMX

i made STM32H743ZIT code from STM32CUBEMX and touchGFX code from touchGFX designer.

can you explain how to integrate two project files step by step?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

CubeMX in its current state is hard locked fo F4 and F7. We're working on a solution to remedy that.

It's a little difficult to tell you exactly what _you_ need to do, but generally, if you inspect the H7 Application Template we have from the designer you will see how to integrate the two "worlds" until CubeMX integration can be improved. Generally about the way the Application templates (non-cubemx) are structured

1) BoardConfiguration.cpp has two methods:

1. hw_init() - This is our version of main() in CubeMX generated projects.
  2. touchgfx_init() - Initializes touchgfx - This is the same whatever method you choose to follow.

2) main.cpp

1. This is where we call hw_init(), touchgfx_init() and set up an OS Task to run the main event loop of touchgfx (HAL::getInstance()->taskEntry())

Check out the application template and let me know!

/Martin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

CubeMX in its current state is hard locked fo F4 and F7. We're working on a solution to remedy that.

It's a little difficult to tell you exactly what _you_ need to do, but generally, if you inspect the H7 Application Template we have from the designer you will see how to integrate the two "worlds" until CubeMX integration can be improved. Generally about the way the Application templates (non-cubemx) are structured

1) BoardConfiguration.cpp has two methods:

1. hw_init() - This is our version of main() in CubeMX generated projects.
  2. touchgfx_init() - Initializes touchgfx - This is the same whatever method you choose to follow.

2) main.cpp

1. This is where we call hw_init(), touchgfx_init() and set up an OS Task to run the main event loop of touchgfx (HAL::getInstance()->taskEntry())

Check out the application template and let me know!

/Martin

인백.1842
Associate

thank you for answer.

To check application template, i made simple project from TouchGFX Designer, and i pressed Generate code button.

i found functions that you said.

and i press button 'make'

there is errer -

0690X00000AsAosQAF.png

0690X00000AsAoxQAF.png

0690X00000AsAoyQAF.png

so because of these errers, when i flash program, should i use ST-Link Utility?

AND i cannot understand how to integerate two project.

To integrate two projects, should i transfer files from project files that made from Cubemx to project files from TouchGFX Designer?

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

None (except maybe a few) of our projects have external flashloaders configured for IAR or Keil projects. It is only the target/Makefile that has the exact flash name embedded inside which it uses with ST-Link/CubeProgrammer to program a board.

On integration:

You should probably integrate your TouchGFX application into your CubeMX project because you'd most likely want to keep making changes in CubeMX.

/Martin