cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-LINK driver is not detected in device manager..

Hs.12
Associate II

I installed the driver for the ST-LINK V2 on Windows 10 (STSW-LINK009). The Installation was successful. Unfortunately the device can't connect to the USB port and is blinking red. I even can't find the driver in the Device Manager in Windows. The software tools from st can't also find any device. I've tried it on three computers, with the same result. So, please help on this

3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Bad cable or "charging only" cable? Is the Stlink standalon or on some target board? Maybe some problem on the board? Does it work on another PC? Wporking inside some VM? Device not relayed to the VM?

Hs.12
Associate II

I am using STM32F407 development board for my project. This board have a embedded STLINK/V2, hence I connected the board directly to the USB port. I installed the driver for the ST-LINK V2 on Windows 10 (STSW-LINK009). The Installation was successful. But I cant find the driver in the device manager in windows. I tried it on three computers. So, please help with this.

In my institute, the more number of students are facing this issue. So please provide the guidelines to recovery from this issue as soon as possible.

Regards

Hemavathi

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Go to a linux PC, starts "dmesg -w" and plug the ST-Link. If you do not see ST-Link related messages, you boards are broken. However I guess this is not the cause. In windows, maybe you do not look at the right place in the device manager. Does the device manager window refresh when you plu/unplug the Disco board? If is refreshes, the device is seen by the system. Look carefully in all usb related tabs.