cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum noise: Wow, STM32H767 board available before ST released the product!

pacman
Associate III

Be careful when you purchase boards via ebay, taobao, ali*, dhgate, amazon, etc.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/312846241046

This board is said to be a STM32H767 board - both in the title and the description.

If you look carefully at the photo, you'll see that it's a STM32F767, so think twice before you purchase.

-So I thought I'd just put out a warning before someone purchases the board.

Anyway, most of the time, you'll save time and money if you just purchase the boards directly from ST, as you'd likely save TAX-, duty- & custom-fees - plus you'll get a board in excellent quality with no crystal-noise problems.

8 REPLIES 8

They do a H750 variant of this board, which is cheaper. No particular reason they couldn't have a multicore one, but the numbers are messed-up.​

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
pacman
Associate III

Yes, it's exactly the same board, but a lot cheaper - for some reason, nobody is buying it (perhaps because it's a cheaper to design your own PCB and get PCBA including the H750).

If you look at the pictures, they're identical to the H750 board, except from the MCU.

One of the pictures have the name STM32H767VIT6 'burned in' on it, indicating that it's not the ebay seller that wrote it, but the Alibaba-seller. I think it's a deliberate fraud attempt to get rid of some old STM32F767VIT6 boards.

For the bystander: Example of the H750 board, which is a lot cheaper...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STM32H750VBT6-Development-Board-ARM-STM32H7-Programmable-Controller-Module/254400595200?hash=item3b3b750500%3Ag%3A8vsAAOSwnihdtAn4&LH_BIN=1

... Now zoom in on the MCU here, it's says STM32H750VBT6.

If anyone think about buying the H750 board (which I think would be a better choice), then have in mind that the RTC will likely be inaccurate.

The $3 F103 (BluePilll) boards are real bargains even if the RTCs can't be used .

I have bought more than 20 of those - they come in very handy.

pacman
Associate III

Note: I've told the eBay seller about the error, so the listing will likely be corrected anytime soon.

0690X00000AsLsgQAF.jpgOk, so have the H750 version of this board. The manufacturer is ZJY TECH

UART/VCP is USART1 PA9/PA10

SDMMC is PD2, PC8..12, no card detect

LEDs are PB10, PB11

BUTTONs are WKUP PA0 (pullled low, press for high), KEY0 PA1 (pulled high, press for low), KEY1 PA2 (pulled high, press for low)

The above all work well.

Haven't been able to get schematic from vendor. QSPI/SPI doesn't seem to be working on external FLASH, not determined connectivity there.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I think the H750 board is probably a good purchase, though I'd still go for the Nucleo board myself.

It's a shame about the flash (try checking the connections with a multimeter to see where they go).

-Can you test if the RTC is accurate ?

(from the looks of it, they took care making the PCB layout well, but sadly one can not assume that the people assembling the board didn't use 'generic crystals' they had on stock or matching capacitors).

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000Bfs0EmSQI/anyone-has-a-schema-of-this-stm32h750-board

So sadly the QSPI isn't usable on the chip provided, but could probably be wired as a socket

Bummer - the W25Q128 is only connected for standard SPI operation, not even dual-SPI at least.

Looks like a random-pick of pins for the SPI. I'd probably desolder the W25Q128 and wire it up to the QSPI pins.

-I'm a bit impressed how quickly you got the PCB, though. =)

Perhaps it's some kind of "marketing trick", add a sophisticated IC, just wire it up so the basics work and let the buyer think it's utilizing all the features. Same thing about all the cheap STM8 boards; they have a micro-USB port, but the IC does not have USB; the micro-USB port is only for powering the board, so I bet a lot of buyers get disappointed.

I don't think it is a W25Q128, rather a W25X16AVSIG

I was hoping the board would have been clever, but can live with a breakout board with working MicroSD card