cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOOT_EP and USE_BOOT0_OPT to force STM32G03x in bootloader from main flash application

Martin_79
Associate

Hi,

reading AN2606 "STM32 system memory boot mode". Then I'm using the STM32G031 I should use the Pattern 11 options to enter the boot after an reset. This Pattern 11 reference to two bits (BOOT_EP and USE_BOOT0_OPT) . I cant find any information abut the bits in the reference manual or in the AN2606.

I would like to change the boot sequence from main flash application so instead of enter main flash after reset I will end up in ST bootloader in system memory.

7 REPLIES 7

Probably a case of sloppy documentation.

My guess would be, that BOOT_EP is FLASH_ACR.EMPTY and USE_BOOT0_OPT is nBOOT_SEL from the User and read protection option bytes. Either the RM, or the AN should be fixed to match.

@Imen DAHMEN​ 

While at it, remarks go to AN2606 rev.41:

• pattern 11 in the patterns table is misspelled as "patten 11" (missing 'r'), preventing textual search
  • in the individual chapters, the patterns are spelled without the space, as pattern11 (this is for other patterns, too) - again preventing textual search

Please note, that the manuals and ANs are extensive, and the ability to search for text is of paramount importance.

JW

PS. Please change your username to a normal nick.

Martin_79
Associate

@Community member​ Thanks for the information!

I will look into the my options using FLASH_ARC.EMPTY and nBOOT_SEL bits then.

@Imen DAHMEN​  I agree, textual search in RM or ANs is of great importance.

nicolai86
Associate II

@Community member​ did you manage to reset to the i2c bootloader with the flash being non-empty? I'm trying the same on a STM32G030j6 and STM32G031F6 and neither reset to i2c bootloader once data is flashed ...

nicolai86
Associate II

For what it's worth, I fixed my issue by setting nBOOT_SEL to 0, thus allowing me to force the chip into i2c DFU by pulling the BOOT0 pin high. That works great, and I can set the nBOOT_SEL flag in code too.

Sorry for the OT to the original topic.

Looking at AN2606 rev.51 I noticed that most of the old spelling sins are gone (no "patten"), and probably at some point (is it naive to believe that as consequence of this post) many of the missing spaces between "pattern" and number have been fixed; however, there still are some - and it appears that they are at the new models. Namely I see pattern12, pattern15, pattern4 and pattern6.

@Imen DAHMEN​  , can these please be cleaned up, too?

Thanks,

JW

Hi @Community member​ ,

Your feedback is forwarded internally to the appropriate team.

Thanks a lot for highlighting this.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Thanks, Imen!

Jan