cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ref to RFAL library (en.STSW-ST25RFAL001), What should be RF buffer size (RFAL_FEATURE_NFC_RF_BUF_LEN), in the union rfalNfcBuffer ?

PPK
Associate II

Ref. files from the latest download of RFAL - en.STSW-ST25RFAL001 - rfal_nfc.c, rfal_nfc.h.

Devices - ST25R3911B-DISCO & M24LR16E (ISO15693 mode).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

if you plan to recompile the ST25R3911B-DISCO firmware, the recommended package is STSW-ST25R002.

Anyway, the various RFAL_FEATURE_*** macros are defined in the platform.h file from the X-NUCLEO-NFC5 package or from STSW-ST25R002 package. For RFAL_FEATURE_NFC_RF_BUF_LEN, this is:

#define RFAL_FEATURE_NFC_RF_BUF_LEN      258U    /*!< RF buffer length used by RFAL NFC layer                  */

rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

if you plan to recompile the ST25R3911B-DISCO firmware, the recommended package is STSW-ST25R002.

Anyway, the various RFAL_FEATURE_*** macros are defined in the platform.h file from the X-NUCLEO-NFC5 package or from STSW-ST25R002 package. For RFAL_FEATURE_NFC_RF_BUF_LEN, this is:

#define RFAL_FEATURE_NFC_RF_BUF_LEN      258U    /*!< RF buffer length used by RFAL NFC layer                  */

rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the answer.

But unfortunately, ST25R3911B-DISCO firmware (STSW-ST25R002) , seems, does not have integrated this latest version of en.STSW-ST25RFAL001 in to.

Files - rfal_st25xv & rfal_nfc are new in this latest RFAL. And, this particular version of DISCO fw (including platform.h) does not define RFAL_FEATURE_NFC_RF_BUF_LEN, RFAL_FEATURE_NFC_DEP_PDU_MAX_LEN, RFAL_FEATURE_NFC_DEP_BLOCK_MAX_LEN ... 0690X00000As1QrQAJ.png0690X00000As1QmQAJ.png

Hi,

can you please detail what exactly you want to achieve and which problems you encounter? Why do you want to change rfal version of ST25R3911B-DISCO?

Inside the ST25R3911B-DISCO the rfal_nfc.c/h is not used so changing RFAL_FEATURE_NFC_RF_BUF_LEN will not have any effect.

Regards, Ulysses

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi

in addition to Ulysses answer: if you need to support the M24LR16E, you can use the ST25PC-NFC application on Windows with the ST25R3911B-DISCO board.

Rgds

BT

PPK
Associate II

Thanks Ulysses, Brian.

I am trying to use ST25R3911B-DISCO to get NDEF data reading from M24LR16E over ISO-15693. But, in my custom board, I will use STM32F091, instead of STM32L4, interfaced with ST25R3911B.

Now, when I was trying to integrate ST25R3911B-DISCO fw with STM32F091, apart from RFAL, found that I would need dispatcher, stream_dispatcher, platform, iso15693_3.

Brian said, I should be looking into rfal_st25xv. Then I found the need for latest version of RFAL - en.STSW-ST25RFAL001 & rfal_nfc.

So, now, can I avoid rfal_nfc ?

Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

I assume you will not use the PC communication / USB ?!

Instead of using  STSW-ST25R002 I recommend in this case basing your work on X-CUBE-NFC5 v2.0.0 which has a much cleaner code basis for embedded software development and also comes with a quite recent RFAL version.

Regards, Ulysses

PPK
Associate II

@Brian TIDAL_O​ @Ulysses HERNIOSUS_O​ 

Thanks for the details.

I will not use the PC communication / USB for my custom board.

Got a better idea of it from the below picture of RFAL documentation.

For my case, RFAL NFC - ISO DEP - NFCV - to ST25R3911.

0690X00000As2RWQAZ.png