cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDA7269A Not Behaving the Same Between the Standalone Amp and the System Brd Amp

DCook.1255
Associate II

Dear Tech Support,

I built up a stand-alone TDA7269A audio amp brd using one of the circuit app's of the data sheet. It worked well - clean, balanced, and the channels are independent of each other. So, I rolled the same design onto an integrated system board with a power supply and and separate signal conditioning for each of the inputs. I now get completely different (bad) behavior responses of the amp. I have verified the circuit design and the PCB layout, tried the 2 single-supply app's noted in the App Notes plus one not listed, and exhausted all the clean-up techniques I can think of.

The behaviors I'm getting include:

1. Unbalanced output
  2. Significant output signal mixing - change the input on Ch1 and Ch2 responds. I also get increased output when I turn both inputs up like an adding function
  3. Get significant waveform distortion
  4. A strange behavior where as I increase the input level on one channel, it causes it cause the output(s) to increase, then fade to zero, then increase again. It's useless!

I would be happy to provide a screen shot of the schematic if you are interested in seeing the differences between the stand-alone amp and the integrated amp.

Best regards and out of ideas,

David

0 REPLIES 0