cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Custom External loader N25Q128A-STM32F746G-DISCO

STM-User
Associate II

Hi

We are trying to develop the custom external loader for our custom STM32F746Ng-MT25QT256 QSPI flash IC

Before that we are trying to modify the external loader example project in ST utility

for STM32F746G-discovery board,

And we have created the N25Q128A stldr file from the project folder.

But We unable to write the external flash in STM32F746G -discovery board using custom external loader.

while trying sector erase in External flash it erasesd some blocks of memory not all the blocks

I have attached the project for your reference.please help me in this issue.

7 REPLIES 7

This is the HAL based custom loader I built for the N25Q128A

My N25Q256A parts came it, so working on porting support for those. Need to review specifics to MICRON MT25 series.

Are you using the SOP2-16 300mil parts?

What pins does your custom board use?

What HSE crystal frequency?

What USART-TX pin is available for diagnostic output?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

This is the HAL based custom loader I built for the N25Q256A

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

This is the HAL based custom loader I built for the N25Q512A

I have tried the external loader with your CLIVEONE-N25Q128A_STM32F7XX-CUSTOM stldr file in STM32f746g DISCOVERY Board

it didn't work,and i have attached the error image .

it will be better send the Loader_src file and Dev_Inf.c file,

I can compare with my loader and dev source file0690X00000ArscPQAR.png

AFAIK Clive Avogadro works with the Cube programmer rather than the STLink Utility. They both have their own set of idiosyncrasies.

Also, my experience was, that an actual program (using the sFLASH) being present in the mcu fought with the sFLASH loader. This might depend on various things (versions of all involved elements in the chain, reset and "attachment" settings, who knows) but to err on the safe side, you perhaps may want to start with an erased mcu.

JW

I'm testing using the ST-LINK Utilities v4.5.0 (3.5.0) Command Line tool.

Will need to see what the GUI does with them.

I didn't​ use CubeMX so my approach is different. The development is funded in a way that limits the availability of source code.

What is your approach on developing the custom loader?please share your ideas it will be very helpful for me