cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 cube programmer not working with stm32h753

Jumshed Akhtar
Associate II

Hi, I am trying to use Stm32 cube programmer with stm32h753 in USB dfu mode. Moving the mcu in boot loader mode and usb is appearing , when I press the connect button it gives this error

23:42:46:012 : Error: Data read failed

23:42:46:170 : Warning: Connection to device 0x450 is lost

I did run dfu with other mcu stm32l4 successfully but I am not able to run it with stm32h753 .

Any advise? Did any one run cube programmer with this mcu?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Do you use the latest Cube programmer version?

Yes.

>> Did any one run cube programmer with this mcu?

Used them in assorted H7 micro-controllers, mainly use SWD for debugging, not DFU/USB

USB would have dependency on HSE clock, I'd hope AN2606 would provide specific details.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi Clive,

Is not responsibility of stm system bootloader setting HSe ​.As when mcu goes in bootloader mode then user application clocks setting may not be effective.

ST claims (AN2606) to be using HSI48 to drive the USB peripheral. CRS I assume qualifies the local clock against the signaling from the host.

If this is a custom board I would probably look at the power supply, and VCAP caps/voltages. Perhaps scope/trigger on NRST to see if that can be attributed to the drop of a USB/DFU connection.

Likely going to need to make a more compelling case to gain interest from ST to address/identify issues with STM32 Cube Programmer.

My use cases tend to use JTAG/SWD and USART methods.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..