cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a STM32CubeIDE project - Is there a correct way ?

ambinabhi
Associate II

HI Community,

I am working on developing applications on my STM32 IoT Discovery Kit. So far am able to compile examples/demos and they are working perfectly fine on STM32CubeIDE. However i want to setup my own project hereafter, I am facing lot of problems when i generate new STM32 project by targeting my board on CubeMX and working on generated codes.

1. The code don't work exactly with CubeMX generated projects. I face problems in transmitting on UART or getting SPI interrupt for Wifi setup or someother way, but it works perfectly fine with example code
  2. The example/template doesn't have .ioc file. Is that how they are supposed to be ?
  3. I even copied code from examples and put it my project(CubeMX generated), but somewhere the HAL files don't match and functionality breaks down although project compiles properly.

Whats the correct way to start a new project on STM32CubeIDE ? All the example code refer different folder structure on x-cube-cld-gen libraries. Are we supposed to just build on example projects ?

0 REPLIES 0