cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE firmware updater is being blocked by corporate firewall

THoep.924
Associate II

Hi, we recently had some "updates" on our corporate firewall and its preventing me from using some features from within STM32CubeIDE. Are there any details available as to what websites/ports are required for STM32CubeIDE so that I can communicate them to our IT department and get them unblocked?

4 REPLIES 4

Standard HTTP GET, as I recall, or can connect via a PROXY, which you can configure.

Otherwise just pull the CubeXX firmware packages and install From Local​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
THoep.924
Associate II

Downloading the firmware package and installing locally did the trick for me. I'm still interested specifically what would need to get unblocked in order to do this from within the IDE. But thanks anyways for the work around.

So 80, 443 and 8080 are the mostly like candidates in the rather narrow search space.

If your corp uses a HTTP PROXY to gate access to the web, use that, open *.st.com domains, or see what actually hits the firewall. Surely someone working in your IT dept could figure this out pretty quickly.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Have you got a try setting network preferences ? Most of time issue is here playing behind a proxy ...

0690X00000ArpOZQAZ.jpg

Common Eclipse trick to check if your setup is fine is to get a try to access to Eclipe Marketplace Help > Eclipse Marketplace. If failing means your setup is not ok to access outside world ...