cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX 4.12.3 Installation problem (out of disk space)

mclapd
Associate II

Hi Guys,

I am still under installation problem (https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000B34UEuSQM/touchgfx-4100-installation-problem-out-of-disk-space). I tried to the most release but got the same result.

I thought this problem cames from network drivers and I removed my network connection. However, the issue is still on "C: drive"

Please find attached and there is 177GB available and required memory is just 1298MB. But installer says not enough memory.

I am pretty sure that the installer recognizes the difference between GB and MB. But 100% sure. 177 < 1298!

Could you someone help me resolve this problem? for a long time, I have been suffering under this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

5 REPLIES 5
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @mclapd​,

Sorry to see this issue pop up again. It seems like even Window can get confused as to remaining disk space.

Could you try installing the .msi using this command and sending me the log?

msiexec.exe /i touchgfx-4.12.3.msi /L*V logfile.txt

Some report that the error you're seeing is due to hidden system restore files, some report that it could be due to virtual memory swap files or due to the location of your temp folder which the installer uses to extract files.

Try doing a clean up of your %TEMP% folder, system restore files and try again using the command i showed you. You could follow some of the tips mentioned in this article:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/out-of-disk-space-during-installation-to-another-disk-drive/td-p/3759083

Let me know!

/Martin

mclapd
Associate II

Hi Martin,

No worries. This is not urgent but I should fix this issue for future development. I am using STemWin but would replace it with TouchGFX soon.

Anyway, I attached log file so please find it and check if what caused the problem​. And please be aware that I made the log with network drives. But I don't think this made trouble because the target install drive was C: and there was also the problem on C drive when I disconnected other network drives and tested installation.

I would appreciate your kind help and hope this issue is fixed shortly.

Regards,

Chris.

I found this suspicious entry in the log:

MSI (c) (B8:B0) [09:52:24:416]: Note: 1: 2727 2:  
MSI (c) (B8:B0) [09:52:24:418]: Note: 1: 2304 2: 5 3: \\BANSVR01\Profiles\ 
MSI (c) (B8:B0) [09:52:24:418]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Modifying OutOfDiskSpace property. Its current value is '0'. Its new value: '1'.

It's trying to access your profile directory on a network drive still. Even though you've disconnected the drives, Windows still has your user profile folder linked to there.

I think maybe we should investigate whether or not we can use a concrete temp folder like C:\TEMP rather than relying on windows to do some magic for us, because in some cases this could go wrong.

/Martin

I tried to use "C:\TEMP" but still problem is remained. It looks this issue is caused by our network settings. hmm... I will have a look at more and back to you.

Hi Martin,

I have just discussed and tried to solve this problem with my IT support team but unfortunately, failed.

IT team advised this and asked me to show a screenshot. Could you check his comment and the screenshot for me?

"So it seemed as though the application was trying to reference %temp% which was going to \\BANSVR01\Profiles\ckim

As per the screenshot we have changed that but have the same issue. Are you able to submit the screenshot to them?"

If you have any idea, please let me know. I will bring it back to IT support team. Thanks.

a picture attached

Regards,

Chris