cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For STM32F7x 14pin JTAG on target board and compatibility with ST-LINK/V2

DharaP
Associate II

Hi,

On my target board I have implemented 14 pin JTAG interface as in STDC14 CN1 connector. Can I use ST-LINK/V2 debugger to flash and debug the controller..?

The controller part is STM32F750V8. Please help with this.

Thanks,

Dhara

6 REPLIES 6
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

With the right adapter, you can go that way. But to build the adapter from 0.05 inch pitch STDC14 to 0.1 pin 20 pin STLINKV2 is a major headache. A V3Set or V3 Mini comes with the needed cable. You should consider one of those.

DharaP
Associate II

Hi Uwe,

Many thanks for replying..

I have actually prepared that connector to interface my board (14pin) JTAG to ST Link V2 (20pin) debugger. But I am not able to flash the controller.

Is this pin mapping correct.

0690X00000ArpbxQAB.png

I referred the ST manual- UM1075 (Table 4) and UM2448 (Table 6) for the above signal connections.

Is this interface correct for STM32 flashing..?

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

"But I am not able to flash the controller." is quite unspecific. Is the processor recognized? Does connect under reset work? Any error messages? Can you see the right signals with a scope? Is the connector and the CPU soldered good? Check with a multimeter is you can see the protection diodes at the inputs.

DharaP
Associate II

Hi,

I am not sure that controller is detected or not.. because I am not able to load my code but I am able to erase the in-chip Flash.

I have written a code for GPIO toggling on my custom board with STM32F750V8 controller

I am trying to flash the controller but it is showing error that

< No Algorithm found for: 08000000H - 08000EDFH

Programming skipped!

Error: Flash Download failed - "Cortex-M7" >

Although I am able to erase the Flash successfully with the message logged as

"Full Chip Erase Done."

The "Configure Flash Tool" settings are as in the shared images.

0690X00000ArwQrQAJ.png

0690X00000ArwQmQAJ.png

0690X00000ArwRBQAZ.png

Any changes I should do in the Flash settings..?

Any suggestions to resolve this issue with be very helpful.

I even tried changing the "RAM for Algorithm" in Cortex-M Target Driver Set-up to addresses - 0X08000000H and also in the range between 0x00200000-0X0020FFFFH .

But still the same error message is observed..

"No Algorithm found for: 08000000H - 08000EDFH"

Please let me know if some one has faced such issue and how to resolve this.

Thanks,

Dhara

Add the F7 AXIM Flash Algorithm to the list of algorithms

Check linker pane and make sure you don't have a scatter (.SCT) file changing the memory map the linker is using.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi,

In the Linker Tab am I suppose to define any Scatter File (.SCT)..? As of now I am just keeping the default setting in the Keil Flash Config tool for Linker tab.

0690X00000ArxyBQAR.png

Is there any link to download the AXIM Flash Algorithms for STMF7 controller..? Can you please share the details where can I find its download able file.

Do we need to create or F7 AXIM algorithm is already available.?

I searched it over ST web pages, over Keil and over Google searches but couldn't find the Algorithm file related to AXIM Flash.

Please advise.

Thanks.