cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable consumption for LSM6DSM

SRezk
Associate II

When leaving pins 2 and 3 of the LSM6DSM unconnected, the device's consumption can increase over time and eventually reach 400 uA. Why is that? could you provide a block diagram of the device?

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @SRezk​ , the datasheet reports that, if not used (sensor working in Mode 1), the depending on the SDx and SCx has to be connected to VDDIO or GND, and cannot be left unconnected (p.22 of the ds and p.12 of the app note).

0690X00000AriOmQAJ.png

Btw, did you try to set PULL_UP_EN = 1 in reg 1Ah, to enable the pull-up and so forcing the pin to the Vdd? Regards

SRezk
Associate II

Hello Eleon, many thanks for your reply. The case is I already have the PCB and I see and erratic consumption patterns since pins 2 and 3 are not connected, and I don't have a way to access those pins now. I tried setting the PULL_UP_EN bits in reg 1 Ah but it didn't work. What I tried now is setting the MASTER_ON bit in reg MASTER_CONFIG to 1 to enable the master i2c sensor hub. I've noticed that in this way pins 2 and 3 are driven to GND even if I am not really using the i2c functionality. Do you see any drawbacks in this workaround??? is there anything else that you would recommend? I can't use the pass-through because it requires me to put INT2 to GND and sadly I also don't have access to it.

Best regards,

Stephanía