cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IAP_Main cannot receive via ymodem

chuan_lee
Associate II

I am trying IAP using a new sample application for the STM32H753I-EVAL2 board.

STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.5.0/Projects/STM32H743I-EVAL/Applications/IAP/IAP_Main

IAP_Main would download IAP_Binary_Template image into flash memory. However, IAP_Main can transmit/upload fine but cannot receive/download via ymodem.

I use the IAP code as is. For what it tries to do, I assume if it works on STM32H743I-EVAL, it should work on STM32H753I-EVAL2 board as well.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If the serial port is working (RS232 or VCP via jumpers) then I'd expect the rest of it to work. Might try with different terminal apps, not a big fan of Hyperterminal here.

You might want to double check pin assignments for EVAL vs EVAL2, only have the former here.

Other than that you'll need to do some debugging to better understand the failure mechanism.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

If the serial port is working (RS232 or VCP via jumpers) then I'd expect the rest of it to work. Might try with different terminal apps, not a big fan of Hyperterminal here.

You might want to double check pin assignments for EVAL vs EVAL2, only have the former here.

Other than that you'll need to do some debugging to better understand the failure mechanism.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..