cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to power the X-NUCLEO-IHM02A1 board with the STUSB4500 USB-C PD AutoSink board

DXu
Associate II

Hi,

I would like to use the STUSB4500 USB-C PD AutoSink board replacing the big power supply to

power up the motor drive board IHM02A1 which would require at least 8 volt. But the motors can not move and I found out the output from the STUSB4500 board is only 5 volt after I connected them together. Isn't that the STUSB4500 pre-configured with the 15V/20V profiles? Do I need to do anything to bring up the voltage?

Thanks in advance.

Duncan

1 REPLY 1
Gregory Go.
Senior II

Hello,

In the STUSB4500 datasheet, the initial setting is shown in "Table 16. STUSB4500 user-defined parameters and default settings"

So STUSB4500 default PDOs settings are: 5V/1.5A, 15V/1.5A, 20V/1.0A

After connecting the USB-C cable, if the output on VBUS is 5V, it means that the USB-C Power source cannot provide 15V or 20V.

- So you'll need to use a different Power Source which can provide the 15V profile.

- Or you'll need to reprogram the STUSB4500 with lower profiles (e.g. 5V, 9V, and 15V)

To know which USB-C power source can provide 15V, you need to use a power supply labeled with at least 45W.

The supported output voltages are generally written on the power supply itself.

Best regards.