cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Program a STM32F (Blue Pill) with Arduino and STM Cores 1.7.0

JohnRob
Associate

I'm attempting to program a Blue Pill board using the Arduino IDE and an FTDI232 board.

I am using the STM Cores board library V1.7.0

I receive an error: " STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe not found. "

I downloaded the "en.stm32cubeprog.zip" However it looks like a complete IDE.

Is it possible to install only the "STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe" to work with the Arduino IDE?

Second Question:

I have a ST-Link V2 that I have not been able to get to work programming the Blue Pill from arduino IDE.

From all my reading, get the impression that a bootloader is required for any serial programming. I could be wrong.

I'm also assuming my Blue Pill was received with the arduino "std" boot loader vs the "generic_boot20_pc13.bin"

At this point I'm lost. If a different bootloader is required to use the ST-Link to program the Blue Pill. Or if it is doable at all.

Thanks

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Probably needs the DLLs and other files in the installed directory. Had no driver to figure out the minimal number of files required for it to run.

Set up the PATH environment to the installed files, or replace those used by the Arduino IDE, or find where in the options you provide the pathing to the tools.

The ST-LINK should be able to program the board, just need to connect power, SWDIO, SWCLK, NRST, etc.

The STM32 Cube Programmer can use the ST-LINK, Serial Port or USB. The latter two need for you to drive BOOT0 high so the chip enters ROM System Loader mode.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Probably needs the DLLs and other files in the installed directory. Had no driver to figure out the minimal number of files required for it to run.

Set up the PATH environment to the installed files, or replace those used by the Arduino IDE, or find where in the options you provide the pathing to the tools.

The ST-LINK should be able to program the board, just need to connect power, SWDIO, SWCLK, NRST, etc.

The STM32 Cube Programmer can use the ST-LINK, Serial Port or USB. The latter two need for you to drive BOOT0 high so the chip enters ROM System Loader mode.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
JohnRob
Associate

Thank you.

John