cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-LINK programming Needs to Hide Sensitive Data

PChoq.780
Associate II

Using ST-LINK we need to program a device but the data which needs to be programmed is highly sensitive so the CLI cannot be used. Are there any suggestions how to proceed with this programming other than writing our own functions? Are there any modules or libraries which can be used which will allow us to hide the aforementioned sensitive data?

4 REPLIES 4

Could you just crypt the data?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TDK
Guru

Why can't you use the CLI? Do you not trust it from sending your data over the internet somewhere or something?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Presumably doesn't trust the facility doing the programming.

Thought they had an Application Library once upon a time, Segger had one too, along with production programmers.

It would be important to understand what kind of secure channel was actually available in this context.

With security, you've pretty much got to own it end-to-end, so you're going to have to understand it, and writing the software to effect it.

Sign and authenticate the firmware image will an elliptic curve, and don't share the private key with those you don't trust. The authentication uses the public key.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
PChoq.780
Associate II

I am not sure why the reasons are important. Let's suffice it to say we don't want to the client access to the data which I think they could see using a CLI.