cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have a master screen in an application?

Karan Kolhe
Associate III

I want to use a slider which will be on master screen and then this slider can be slided/accessed on all screens in my application. I know I can add slider on every screen but is there any way to avoid that? I want to use same slider across all the screens. And also Date name and all that is common for every screen like status bar in phones

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Yes you can. The designer doesn't support this, but it could in the future - Basically, what you're forced to do is to have something like a Custom Container in every view and then some code replicated by the presenter for that concrete view.

In your case, you could have a custom container that has all the elements you want, but the presenter method to update those elements through the view from the model would have to be replicated.

To have a BASE-VIEW and BASE-PRESENTER for a group of screens you would have to create a new class by hand that you can then inject in between the designer-generated view and your inherited view for that generated base view.

I'm swamped - I promised i'd do an example for someone else and it's still on my list!

/Martin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Yes you can. The designer doesn't support this, but it could in the future - Basically, what you're forced to do is to have something like a Custom Container in every view and then some code replicated by the presenter for that concrete view.

In your case, you could have a custom container that has all the elements you want, but the presenter method to update those elements through the view from the model would have to be replicated.

To have a BASE-VIEW and BASE-PRESENTER for a group of screens you would have to create a new class by hand that you can then inject in between the designer-generated view and your inherited view for that generated base view.

I'm swamped - I promised i'd do an example for someone else and it's still on my list!

/Martin