cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429ZE only has two options available (RGB666 and RGB565) in the LTDC configuration, there should be the RGB888 option according to the datasheet.

JMana.637
Associate

Hi,

I'm not sure whether this is a bug in the Cube or whether I'm missing out something. I tried opening the F439 in the Cube and it has the 24-bit RGB option. Just to check while I was there I searched for the LTDC_B0 pin and found it on PE4, so I went back to my F429 window and sure enough, when I click on the PE4 pin, it can be configured as LTDC_B0, yet that would only be possible in the 24-bit RGB888 mode. So I'm confused.

I'm on 5.3.0. I went through the bug fixes included in the recent 5.4. release but didn't find my problem.

I guess it wouldn't be a problem to generate the code for the F439 and copy it over but I'm still not sure whether my micro supports it and I have no way of testing it rn. My display only supports the 18-bit RGB but I want to replace it with slightly different one which in turn only supports the 24-bit...

Thank you for your suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tilen MAJERLE
ST Employee

Hello @JMana.637​ ,

LQFP144 package does not support RGB888 format. You would need to go to higher package instead.

Best regards,

Tilen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tilen MAJERLE
ST Employee

Hello @JMana.637​ ,

LQFP144 package does not support RGB888 format. You would need to go to higher package instead.

Best regards,

Tilen

I see, I didn't notice it in the datasheet then.

Thank you!