cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P-NUCLEO-WB55 does not working on DFU mode

WWU.807
Associate II

Hi, All,

I want to use CubeMon-RF to monitor the USB dongle of the P-NUCLEO-WB55.

According to the Manual : STM32CubeMonitor-RF software tool for wireless performance measurements,

The USB dongle must be monitored using the VCP DEVICE link, and it need to update Firmware to use the example : ble_transparent_mode_vcp.

To update the USB dongle's firmware, I must use STM32CubeProg tool.

According to the manual : STM32CubeProgrammer software description,

USB dongle must use DFU mode for Firmware update, and I install DFU driver follow the Chapter 1.2.4.

And set the DFU mode according to this web page https://visualgdb.com/tools/STM32WBUpdater/connecting/.

However, when the device is plugged into the PC, the Window Device Manager does not detect any device, and the USB dongle is the same as STM32WB Nucleo.

And Win7 is the same as Win10.

May I ask how to solve this?

Thanks. ​

47 REPLIES 47
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​First check: Did you set the switch to the right position on the dongle=> opposite to the USB conector to set BOOT0 option byte to 1. This will set the USB in DFU mode.

Yes, I follow this web page https://visualgdb.com/tools/STM32WBUpdater/connecting/

to set BOOT0 option.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Then the CubeProgrammer tool should detect it when you select the USB mode​. Check the connection selecting the DFU mode and then click on the "connect" button.

In the end download the BLE_TransparentModeVCP_reference.hex binary at 0x08000000.

Hi, Remi,

CubeProgrammer tool in USB mode have no DFU detected.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​Are you able to detect the Nucleo board in DFU mode?

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​You can also check if the USB device is OK by opening the device manager.  The USB device should be recognized a Boot Loader. See picture.

Dear Remi,

I can't detect USB dongle or ucleo board in DFU mode, The Device manager was no respond when i  plugged USB device in DFU mode.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Ok let's focus on the Nucleo Board. The document you read looks correct for a NUcleo board. So in the end your board should be configured like the picture below.

Beware to plug your USB wire in the right USB connector (not the ST LINK one).

Then You should se it with the CubeProgrammer tool.

For the Dongle, check the other picture

Then You should se it with the CubeProgrammer tool.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee