cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX 4.12.3 Shape Widget duplication doesn't allow different points than the original

scottSD
Senior III

I appreciate the new Shape widget in TouchGFX 4.12.3, but noticed something strange.

I created a shape and copy/pasted it on the screen. I want to have two shapes but one being essentially a mirror image of the original.

When I change one of the X coordinates of the duplicate to be in the opposite direction of the original (same value but "-"), the X coordinate of the original also changes to a negative value.

Why is it behaving like this? Aren't these two individual shapes different instances of the Shape class?

I was hoping to simply duplicate the original shape and edit it rather than having to create a whole new shape and manually enter the points.

2 REPLIES 2
scottSD
Senior III

I just discovered something on my own about this. I had to "Generate Code" and then the behavior is what it should be (the duplicate shape's points are independent of the original).

It must have something to do with how the generated/gui_generated files are created. It's somewhat confusing. Hopefully this post will help anyone else who runs into this behavior.

scottSD
Senior III

I ran into an issue where even clicking "Generate Code" did not correct the behavior. The only way I could get this behavior corrected was to close TouchGFX and reopen it.