cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using STM32CubeMX I want to configure FATFS Middleware in SD Card Mode, but the checkbox for SD Card is grayed out although I have configure SDIO connectivity

Erik von Hesse
Associate II

I am using CubeMX Version 5.4.0.

I tried MMC 4bit and SD 4bit for SDIO configuration but both did not enable SD card mode for FATFS. What are the exact conditions that need to be fulfilled to allow FATFS using SD card mode?

6 REPLIES 6
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Hello @Erik von Hesse​ ,

could you please share your ioc file ?

Thanks,

Khouloud.

Erik von Hesse
Associate II

I finally found the reason. I am using FreeRTOS and it seems the SD card mode for FATFS can only be activated if I select CMSIS_V1 interface for FreeRTOS. Once I select CMSIS_V2, SD card mode is no longer vailable for FATFS. Although I can live with that restriction, it would have been nice if CubeMX would have issued a hint or warning.

Anyway, Khouloud, thanks for your care and willingness to investigate this.

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Dear @Erik von Hesse​ , ​with MMC sdio/sdmmc Mode you cannot use the SD card mode for Fatfs, so MMC 4bit will not work.

Only SD modes are considered, so as you said , you have faced a problem also with SD 4bit , so please share your ioc file to now which serie and CubeMX are you using..

Thanks and regards,

Khouloud.

Erik von Hesse
Associate II

Here is an ioc file that demonstrates the issue. As I said, it can be fixed by selecting CMSIS_V1 interface for FreeRTOS.

​Already a tooltip (on SD CARD mode) is indicating this limitation (for the moment).

Soon the SD Card mode will be supported even when  the CMSIS_V2 is selected.

Best Regards,

khouloud

Erik von Hesse
Associate II

Ah, yes! There is indeed a tooltip 🙂 Ok then the whole thing is a non-issue and I should have read more careful. Thanks a lot for your patience.