cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set tool paths?

doctek
Associate

I attended a recent ST seminar and was delighted to see the improvements in STM32CUBEIDE! Worked great in the seminar and I completed all 6 projects using MEMS components.

It's now been about a month and I'm wanting to spend some serious time with the MEMS board. I updated CUBE and am now running 1.1.0. You can imagine my delight when I tried to rebuild my projects from the seminar and nothing works! Let me elaborate.

Let's just start with Make. When I try to build any of the projects, the console reports:

Cannot run program "make": The system cannot find the file specified.

Needless to say, I have tried many things to address this problem. The correct paths (to the latest versions) of make (and other tools) are indicated when I check Properties in the tool. Since these paths were not in the Windows 10 path, I put them there. I also verified that the tools really were in the directories where they should be. I even tried putting the full path into the command line that the tool uses.

None of this works! I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. I am very frustrated.

TIA.

1 REPLY 1
doctek
Associate

Deleting the version I had (updated to 1.1.0, but started at 1.01), then downloading and installing the latest version seems to have solved the problem! I fear there may still be a bug lurking, but it works for now.