cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging an imported project from Cube MX into workbench STM32

HHass.1102
Associate II

Hallo ,

I am trying to debug an imported project from CubeMx, which is just the configuration of the STM32MP!57C-DK2 board, I built the solution in the system workbench and then connected to the board. on the Console I cannot see any IP Address for the board, so i used ifconfig, and i entered the eth0 ip address in the debug configuration, when i debug the solution, i end up with this error message(attached).

I attached my debug configuration as well. I also tried port 3333 which got the same problem

I tried to debug just the OPENAMP_TTY example, it cannot be compiled (Photo- OpenAMP)

I wonder what is wrong?. Your help is very much appreciated

Note; Regarding the OpenAMP problem, I saw the answered question, i followed the answer but the problem still exists. Maybe there should be some sort of special ocd or gdb config?. I am not sure as am totally new to that board

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Having a second network adapter is always useful. Make a quick private network to test your stuff.

IMPORTANT: if you're doing this at work, with a PC provided by your employer, you must ask permission from your manager or IT.

-- pa

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Herve PIERROT
ST Employee

Hello,

Since latest release last week, STM32CubeIDE (v1.1.0) is now supporting STM32MP1 products. You could regenerate your project using latest STM32CubeMX v5.4

for STM32CubeIDE and work after that directly in STMCubeIDE for both project configuration and compilation.

Would it be possible to give it a try ?

HHass.1102
Associate II

Hello.

Thansk alot for answering, I downloaded and Install the IDE, the project is successfully converted from system workbench to cube IDE format, I built it without problems, but it seems to be a network configuration problem, since the IP Address is not reachable. Do i have to have a second netwrok driver in my PC to connect the board directly to it and then see what ip address it gets, now i have a switch between my pc and the board.

does the board have to have an ip of 10.192.x.x?

Thanks in Advance

Having a second network adapter is always useful. Make a quick private network to test your stuff.

IMPORTANT: if you're doing this at work, with a PC provided by your employer, you must ask permission from your manager or IT.

-- pa