cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed with choosing ISP/flasher with standalone capability for STM8 controller.

DPrab.542
Associate

Hello

I am new to STM8 controllers , I have finished a new project using STM8S003F3 and I am looking for a ISP programmer (flasher ) with standalone capability so the controller can be programmed on a manufacturing line till date I have been using ST-Link V2 for programing and testing the code , ST-link is too delicate for it to be used to program in mass production programming.

There are a lot of options on the st web site, But I am confused as to which one is good and reliable . Any one having experience in using this type of flashers and reliability data of any product and pointing me towards which one should I consider would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Adavance.

2 REPLIES 2
SMcGr
Associate II

Hello,

The Cyclone LC and Cyclone FX products from PEmicro have the capability of mass production programming for the STM8S003F3 controller. The Cyclone products can be used standalone by creating a programming image that includes your project code and all necessary programming commands. These images can be programmed via command-line or by the press of a start button. They are designed to program within a couple seconds and to last for an unlimited amount of programming sequences.

Hope this information is helpful!

Steve

Thank you Steve. Your reply is very help and clears most of my Doubts .