cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F030C6 breakpoint setting does NOT work on STM32CubeIDE using ST-link V2. Is it a BUG or setup issue? and how?

BLu.397
Associate

When I hit Debug. System stops at first line of main() as intended. However no matter how I setup any breakpoints on the rest code, and hit Resume(F8) button. The code never stops on those breakpoint. even though I am 100% sure those breakpointed line code got run already. and if I hit suspend. the code stops normally. Also step into or over works normally. ( I am sure that the number of breakpoints I setup is less than 4) I checked log file of st link GDB server. I did not see any breakpoint setting command sent to the debugger via the SWD. Is this a software bug of CubeIDE? I saw some youtube video. it shows the breakpoint works fine. Could anyone give me some hint. I stuck on this issue for two days. :(

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mavoodoo
Associate II

Hi BLu.397,

Have you made sure breakpoints aren't globally disabled? There is an option under Run -> Skip All Breakpoints Ctrl+Alt+B

I'm using Cube IDE 1.3.0

Cheers...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
David SIORPAES
ST Employee

Have you tried setting no optimizations (-O0) ?

Mavoodoo
Associate II

Hi BLu.397,

Have you made sure breakpoints aren't globally disabled? There is an option under Run -> Skip All Breakpoints Ctrl+Alt+B

I'm using Cube IDE 1.3.0

Cheers...

Solved my problem, thanks!

Hi @DFres.1​ ,

Did the solution proposed by @David SIORPAES​  or @Mavoodoo​ solve your problem?

Please mark the post that helped you by clicking on the "Select as Best" button.

Otherwise, share your solution and mark it as a Best Answer.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Yes, the answer from @Mavoodoo​ solved my problem.

How do I find the "Select as Best" button?

Hi @DFres.1​ 

I"m so glad to know that your issue is solved 😊

There is a "Select as Best" button at the bottom of the Mavoodoo's answer as you see in this screenshot :

0693W000008xEUZQA2.png 

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Here is actually the view from my side @Imen DAHMEN​ , no buttons there.

0693W000008xEWBQA2.png 

But thank you for the prompt answers anyway.

I appreciate it, have a pleasant day.

In fact, the owner of this post and ST-moderators can mark the post as Best Answer.

I just marked it.

Thanks @DFres.1​ for your contribution =)

Thanks
Imen
GCANG.1
Associate

Hi all, I'm same issue. Please, could you help me?