cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement TouchGFX on STM32L4R9 custom board using CubeMX/CubeIDE ?

Greg1
Associate

Hello,

I would like to implement TouchGFX on a custom board equipped of a STM32L4R9 microcontroller, but I can't find the TouchGFX framework neither on the CubeMX interface nor on the CubeIDE interface, at the topic "MIDDLEWARE/GRAPHICS ..."

Please help for implentation !

And yet, ST Microelectronics clearly mentions that Touch GFX is supported on STM32L4+ family.

It's not very friendly for the developpers to observe that the "marketing speech" doesn't match the "technical" one !!

Please update CubeMX and/or CubeIDE to be able to use the FULL TouchGFX functionalities on STM32L4+ microcontrollers family.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

You can and you can't. Let me clarify.

• You can not select TouchGFX Graphics middleware from within CubeMX for STM32L4 (yet). We're working on something special.
  • You CAN select an L4R9 Application template for an existing STM32 evaluation board.
  • You CAN set up your MCU using CubeMX and then add on TouchGFX manually - This requires some work, but i may be able to help you out here.

/Martin

Joerg H
Associate

Hello Martin,

we are currently in a situation where we are using a STM32L4R9i-Discovery board and are developing a GUI using touchGFX.

But we do not know how we can integrate the touchGFX portion into the Cube IDE. Any help would be very much appreciated. Is there an documentation which would guide us through the proces. So far I only find docus/videos that are setting up touchGFX in the middleware section of CubeIDE. And if i undestand you right does not work with the STM32L4R9i-Discovery.

best regards

joerg