cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging two touchgfx project

Epamuk
Associate III

Hello,

We have a touchgfx project. I design main screens and write board specific codes to project. My colleauge design some other screens for same project .

Is there any way to import his screens to my touchgfx project (with protecting my screens) ?

I use import GUI function from touchgfx IDE but it deletes my screen and import his screens.

How can I solve this issue ?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

You can merge the .touchgfx file (it's json). This is a manual process you'll have to cooperate on to get it right.

Then, import the /gui/ code that your colleague wrote for those generated screens.

/Martin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP
Senior III

without knowing too much about the format shouldn't it be possible to open the designer file (it's text) and just copy the screen settings over in the other document? Just be careful only to copy the screens and their infos. also not that the screens should have unique names. it's much like a tree structure - XML'ish?

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

You can merge the .touchgfx file (it's json). This is a manual process you'll have to cooperate on to get it right.

Then, import the /gui/ code that your colleague wrote for those generated screens.

/Martin

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

And then, for the future, you'll use git 🙂

SOtte.602
Associate II

What's the best way to merge the binary file 'texts.xlsx'?

Merging the .touchgfx file with a diff tool worked fine, but I wasn't able to diff the excel file and so just kept one of the two versions being merged. The resulting TouchGFX Designer project had a number of faulty text strings that needed to be deleted and re-added.