cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STSW-MKI109W firmware upgrade

Tam Tran
Associate II

I had an error // not supported by motherboard // when connect STEVAL-MKI197V1 to UNICO like the image error.png attached.

I reinstalled STM32 drivers, reinstalled UNICO,... but could not solve the problem.

Then I upgrade firmware by command line in Ubuntu version 18.04 TLS (follow instruction for Linux in UM2116 manual) using DFU mode. https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/group0/c6/b4/6a/03/c1/6f/46/13/DM00331058/files/DM00331058.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00331058.pdf

Everything was ok but when I executed the command to upgrade : sudo udevadm control --reload-rules with the address dff1.

I have an error : // File ID 0483:0000 does not match device (0483:df11 or 0483:df11) //

So I changed the address dff1 to 0000.

It downloaded and installed like the image terminal.png attached.

But when I connected the board to UNICO, I have a new error : WHO_AM_I register not found. After this error, I tried to change the .rules file that I created by replacing dff1 by 0000 and do the same steps but nothing changed.

I think firmware was changed in a wrong way.

I also tried upgrade firmware in Windows before that but STCubeProgrammer did not recognize my STEVAL-MKI197V1 in "ST Link" box so I could not use DFU files. It only recognized through "USB" and requires bin file to upgrade. In STSW-MKI109W firmware package, there is no bin file in FIRMWARE folder. Same problem when I used DFuse Demonstrator: no device 's recognized.

What should I do to install firmware again to my STEVAL-MKI197V1?

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0