cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sthv800: verify if reading state is ok?

wouter_devriese
Associate

Hi all

we are using a custom PCB with the STHV800 IC on it, in the past we've used it primarily as a pulser IC, not yet to take the reading signal into account.

Now that we want to take a look at the echo, we don't see the expected echo when comparing with a STHV748 evaluation board we have laying around: the STHV748 nicely shows the returning echo, yet nothing shows on the sthv800.

Is there a way to verify if the IC is in the correct mode? We checked the input signals (CW = 2.5V, INx_0 = 2.5V, INx_1 = 0V). Clamping before RX is approx 48us, afterwards 90us.

Thanks already!

Greetings

Wouter

2 REPLIES 2
CHIEP.1
Associate

Hi,

not for answering you question. But i am planning to use the STHV800 also.

Could you share some experience for this IC?

For the evaluation test board based on STHV800 like: STEVAL-IME013V1, STEVAL-IME009V1...

Could I reprogram for this demo test board.

I want to make a 64 channel with more than 50V, frequency 1 MHz and phased controlled for Ultrasound transducer.

any recommendation for this work?

Thank you very much!

wouter_devriese
Associate

Hi CHIEP.1

in the end there was a faulty soldering on the board.

do you need reading states? If not I'd go for the STHV64SW: https://www.st.com/en/switches-and-multiplexers/ultrasound-pulser-ics.html#products

Otherwise these chips do their job, connect them to an FPGA to create the pulses and the phases and you're set to go...

Greetings