cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TeraTerm not showing printouts

chuan_lee
Associate II

I have asked this on ST Online Support. I think I should ask it here too.

I use System Workbench to 'build all' 2 big packages "as is":

• STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.5.0/Projects/STM32H743I-EVAL/Applications
  • STM32CubeExpansion_SBSFU_V2.2.0/Projects/NUCLEO-H753ZI/Application

For demos that use a HyperTerminal (I use TeraTerm), I don't see the debug printouts to terminal. The TeraTerm setup is pretty straightforward:

• Connect STM32H753 target with the PC via USB, a STMicroelectronics STLink Virtual COM Port (COMx) (CN23)
  • Open terminal application and connect it via COMx with the following settings: 115200-8-N-1 

Is there a switch/jumper on the STM32H753xi EVAL2 Board that I need to change to make this work? I am testing with the following applications:

• STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.5.0/Projects/STM32H743I-EVAL/Applications/IAP/IAP_Main (use Serial_PutString())
  • STM32CubeExpansion_SBSFU_V2.2.0/Projects/NUCLEO-H753ZI/Applications/1_Image (use printf())

The apps are supposed to print/display a menu on TeraTerm for user interactions.

When I unplug/plug the USB, my PC pops up the file explorer showing 'EVA_H753Xi (D:)' drive that has a file called DETAILS.TXT which contains the following lines:

Version: 0221

Build:  Jan 11 2019 17:19:2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

>> STM32H753xi EVAL2 Board that I need to change to make this work?

Aren't there a pair of jumper that allow you to select between RS232 port or ST-LINK VCP, try checking those.

Code for NUCLEO probably not going to be using same USART and pins as the EVAL2

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

>> STM32H753xi EVAL2 Board that I need to change to make this work?

Aren't there a pair of jumper that allow you to select between RS232 port or ST-LINK VCP, try checking those.

Code for NUCLEO probably not going to be using same USART and pins as the EVAL2

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
chuan_lee
Associate II

Got it. Thank you Clive. I need to configure JP7 and JP8. I will make sure the settings work on STM32H743I-EVAL first before porting the NUCLEO-H753ZI code. I am actually want to use the ST-LINK interface for hyperterminal purpose.